Studio Protocols during Covid-19 Pandemic
This page will be updated with information, and policies will be reassessed as necessary as we receive updated Covid-19 data and mandates.
Because we are appointment based, and can easily implement social distancing guidelines we will be able to provide a safe environment for everyone.
Three times per week the studio will be deep cleaned and sanitized, and all equipment/high touch surfaces will be disinfected after every use. Your health and the health of our community is very important to us. We encourage everyone to be considerate of others while attending class.
Please read the following protocols carefully before returning to the studio:
Arrival Procedure/Face Mask
- Face masks will be required for instructors and clients while in the studio. In accordance with the City of Columbus mask mandate and current county rating of Red Level 3 ( as of Oct. 15, 2020) our mask requirement will be in effect until further notice. The studio has a limited number of ’86’ reusable cloth masks for sale at $10, and free single-use disposable masks.
- Vaccinated Clients– Private clients, private groups, and group classes comprised of entirely vaccinated individuals may choose to not wear a face mask during class. The instructors will continue to wear masks, and you must still wear a mask when arriving and departing the studio.
- Do not attend class if you are feeling sick or have any flu/Covid like symptoms.
- If you feel sick and suspect a potential Covid infection please get a test and provide a negative result or quarantine before returning to the studio.
- A temperature check for clients and instructors will be done upon arrival.
- A quick health/travel questionnaire will be conducted upon arrival. *Note that if you have come in contact with someone who is now sick that we will ask you to not attend class.
- Clients and instructors must wash hands/use hand sanitizer upon arrival and departure. Instructors will continue to clean hands after every session.
- Clients will need to wait outside until 5-10 minutes before your class begins.
- Only one client at a time will be allowed at the cubbies to maintain social distancing. There will be a ‘shoe station’ at the entrance for you to remove or wipe down your shoes upon arrival.
- All clients will be required to enter through the main entrance door and exit through the other door.
- After any vacation or travel outside the state of Ohio especially to current travel advisory States clients will be expected to self-quarantine for 2 weeks before returning to the studio.
- After any family visits/funerals/weddings/reunions where family comes from outside the state of Ohio or from hot spots within the state clients will be expected to self-quarantine for 2 weeks before returning to the studio.
- Until further notice there will be a 10-30 minute break between group classes to properly clean, set up equipment, allow current clients to use the restroom, gather their belongings, and leave before the next group arrives. Please do not arrive outside the front door more than 10 minutes before your class time to allow this window of separation to occur.
- There will be a 10 minute break between private/semi-private clients to again allow for proper cleaning, social distancing, and restrict interaction of clients.
- Clients will not be allowed to gather and sit by the cubbies before or after class. On this note please do not gather right outside the front door or stairs either.
- Class sizes will be maxed out between 4-6 people depending on the class type. All Reformers, Trampolines, and Mats will be 6-8 feet apart.
- When weather permits both doors will be opened to allow for more air circulation. Our AC/heat vents are multidirectional which is a benefit for increased air flow during any season, and we have multiple HEPA air filters placed around the space.
- Teacher schedules have been set into ‘blocks’ of time so there will only ever be 1 teacher in the space with their respective client(s).
- Cleaning of equipment will be a 2-step process of using a disinfecting wipe followed by our tea tree/lavender essential oil mix.
The studio will still have a 24 hour late cancellation policy. However, if you late cancel due to illness you will not be charged for that session. Clients who report Covid/flu like symptoms will be expected to not return to the studio for 14 days. No exceptions.
Semi-private/trio session clients must either be related, live with each other, or interact with one another frequently in daily life. The studio will not pair clients together during this time.
Studio86 has opened up minimal spots in Pilates and Jumping Fitness classes for ClassPass members who wish to attend in-studio classes. We are also selling 3, 5, and 10 class packages directly to ClassPass members through the ClassPass website. We expect CP members to adhere to all Covid-19 studio protocols and will require members to sign waivers upon arrival.
All Jumping clients will be required to clean the soles of their shoes before class or bring a pair that is not worn outdoors. This is not only to prevent the spread of general germs, dirt, and potential Covid-19, but to also help keep the trampolines looking their best. Clients will be allowed to leave their Jumping shoes at the studio for convenience.
All Reformer straps are being fitted with new removeable vinyl covers to allow for proper cleaning between each use. If you prefer to bring your own loops or wish to buy loops from the studio please let us know. The studio can place a bulk order for loops that will range in price from $44-$70 per loop set. Clients will be allowed to leave their strap sets at the studio for convenience.